These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It was all worth it!!

Today I had the most wonderful and amazing experience... it never loses its thrill! I heard our baby's heartbeat for the very first time!! What a joy and a delight! All the nausea, exhaustion and general ill feeling were worth it! What a miraculous sound it is!!

I am also feeling the little guy (or gal) kicking and squirming around! No matter how many babies I have, it never gets old or even commonplace. It's always an amazing feeling that leaves me in awe of the Lord's gracious goodness!

The Lord is the Giver of good gifts and He has given our family the blessing of a new little life for us to cherish and nurture and raise in the fear and admonition of the Lord. What a privilege and what a great responsibility! We are unworthy and only by His grace can we parent this child for the glory of the Lord. It's a weighty thing to be entrusted with the life of a child and we are dancing with glee that He has given us another arrow for our quiver! What a blessing is this new baby to us and we rejoice!!
"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him." I Samuel 1:27

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful!! So happy for you and your family.

ChristyB

9:47 AM  
Blogger Southern Belle said...

Yeah! I am so thankful you are doing well and got to hear your little one. What a blessing!

Beth

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com