These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Monday, January 29, 2007

Mama's Excuses

This article by Debi Pearl of No Greater Joy caused me to chuckle. In light of my recent post about the three year old menace that was quite appropriately thrown off the plane in Florida with her parents, I just had to share it! I might mention that the article is written from the perspective of an inept parent making excuses for her little darling. Just imagine the parents that were thrown off the plane as they are being interviewed by national media. Here is an excerpt...

"Oh honey, don’t hit. It hurts mama's heart to see you hit someone. I am so sorry, he hit your Johnny. He thinks it’s unfair that Johnny gets the best toys. At MY house I try to let the youngest visiting children have the best toys, but I guess YOU do not have that rule-the golden rule, you know. Yes, I know I did not do it last time you were there, because my boy was just too young to understand, but I have decided to do it from now on. Anyway, he is so young he can't understand why Johnny's toys are not his. He is not capable of understand sharing, yet. He is too young. He gets so stressed, not mad, just stressed when he thinks the other child unfairly has the best toys. He has such a high sense of right and wrong. I really hate to explain to him about the toys being Johnny's, because he gets so depressed when he realizes that he is wrong and has to give up his toy. I know it is just a stage he is going through."

Here is the article in its entirety. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com