These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hope! There is hope!

Yippee!! It's February 1st! I'm very happy about this for several reasons... but the main reason is that it is one month closer to SPRING!!!! I need my spring! I long for spring! I am like someone stranded in the arctic pulling myself across the tundra by my frostbitten little fingers with a tropical oasis just making itself visible on the distant horizon. OK, maybe that is a tad melodramatic and maybe that illustration would work better as a thirsty man crawling through the desert toward an oasis of water. I thought about that. Then again, a thirsty man in the desert is warm and I am cold. Big difference! You get the idea, I'm sure.

I am tired of winter! I was tired of it back in November when the temperatures began to plummet and my grass turned brown. It's been a long winter so far.

I'm posting today, though, with a merry heart! For today is February 1st and in four short weeks it shall be March 1st! And, in mid-March it shall be the best of all seasons... SPRING!!! The Lord sustained me through January and He will sustain me through February.

Just when the weather is the bleakest, coldest, and most dreary, He gives me a little glimpse of spring just coming into view on the distant horizon. What a blessing it is!!
Today I have a bud on my daffodils!! And, I have one lone yellow flower on my forsythia bush... just one. But, it is a beautiful one! In fact, I'd say it is the most beautiful flower I have ever seen! A lovely touch of yellow in the midst of brown and grey sticks... and very brown grass.

Tomorrow is Groundhog Day! Though I don't give an ounce of credence to Punxsutawney Phil, I do love to hear the words "Early Spring!" and I don't love hearing the words "6 more weeks of winter!" Spring will come just when the Lord ordained it before the foundation of the earth. This warm blooded girl hopes it's sooner rather than later... at least I know we're closer to it now than we were in November!

6 Comments:

Blogger Southern Belle said...

Uhum!? Haven't heard from ya?!? Are you enjoying your present from me through JL to you?

Beth

6:23 PM  
Blogger LinesFromTheVine said...

Bah Humbug!! We want snow! We want snow!! : )

Your time is coming soon enough...blistering heat is just around the corner, but can't we have just a little snow first???

Tracy

8:38 AM  
Blogger Lady Why said...

Snow??!! Bleck, bleck and double bleck!!!

Give me blistering heat and sandals any day of the year and I'll be a happy camper!

If we do get the plague of snow before this dreadfully long winter is through, I will at least take comfort in knowing that it will make y'all very happy!! Ha! HA!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want snow!!!!!!!! We are enjoying the cold weather...that is, as long as our heat is working,we have a stock of firewood and we have warm clothing!!

ChristyB

10:38 AM  
Blogger Southern Belle said...

We also want snow and can't wait until it arrives.

I remember you said that you had logged your books. What program did you use for your books to keep track of what you have? We also have TONS and have a wall full of wonderful books and I was looking for ideas..

Thanks
Beth

12:02 PM  
Blogger Lady Why said...

Hi Beth,

First of all, thank you so much for the bread!! It was absolutely delicious and I hate I missed the class. Please come sometime soon and do it again!!

As for books, I use Library Thing. You can get to it from here:
http://www.librarything.com/
It's great and I've done about half my books so far. They are so 'fluid' I don't think I'll ever have them all logged in... I'm always adding new ones to my collection! It's quite an 'addiction' for me!! Ha!

Also, please email me privately with your email address and physical address. I want to send you a note but I don't have your new information. Thanks!!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com