These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Our very own Man Of The Year!

Today is someone special's birthday... and it's not George Washington! This is a birthday far more important than ole George! Our own resident Man Of The Year turns 42 today! Amazing, isn't it? It's hard to believe that Mr. P could be so OLD! I know I'm having trouble believing it myself. After all, I'm far too young to be married to someone who is 42 years old. Whew! He's getting on up there, isn't he?

I think back on how we got to this place... in our forties, six children, coming up on twenty years of marriage this year. Wow! In some ways, it seems like just yesterday I was careening down the interstate in a car with no doors and in some ways it seems like a lifetime ago... like I have always been here in this place mothering children and being the wife of the greatest man I've ever known.

I'll bet you are all wondering how the suave and sophisticated Mr. P wooed me into marriage all those years ago. Yes, I can imagine that none of you are surprised that a simple girl from the south would be swept off her feet by a super thin, devilishly handsome, steel tipped cowboy boot wearing, jeep driving hunk of a country boy like Mr. P. On our first date, he threw me in his jeep and took me "four wheelin'". Now, I being the daughter of a corporate executive that didn't even cut his own grass, was not very 'outdoorsy'. I'm still not very outdoorsy unless it involves a deck and a tall glass of tea... but I'm working on it! So, this cowboy boot wearing young man spinning mud up onto (and sometimes over!) the windshield of a no doored, no roofed jeep through some part of the wilderness to which I was quite unfamiliar doesn't seem like a successful first date, now does it? But, I was smitten! Opposites do attract! I thought he was the bees knees and the cat's meow all rolled into one. He's changed quite a bit since then... but not too much. He's still the same adventurous fellow I met all those years ago in my youth. He still will tackle any job, any problem, any unknown situation with that incredible 'can do' spirit. His glass is always 'half full'. I loved that about him then, and I love it now!

Most of you reading this blog don't know this multi-faceted and dynamic man, so I thought I'd try my best to tell you about him hoping to give you some sort of idea what a tremendous gift we here in the Whiskery Kitten family have in our husband and father. And, he's quite a gift and a tremendous blessing to us!

He has honed his skills in many areas for years. Some of them are natural gifts and some are acquired skills that he worked very hard to perfect. An amazing man, he is!
He is an incredible chef (By the way, that's a lollipop in his mouth!)
... a master of disguise
He knows all the most famous people!
He is never caught by surprise... (and he has the most adorable chubby squeezable cheeks!)
He's a defender of his wife and children...
...an accomplished musician
He absolutely adores cats! See! I have photographic proof!
He has been blessed with devilish good looks...
He's always flexible...
He's an expert on vintage cars...
... completely fearless!
... and an avid student of history!
He exhibits incredible strength and integrity in all things...
and is just sooo cute! (He's the handsome hunk on the right!)
What can I say about Mr. P? He's charming, witty... no one makes me laugh like he does!, generous, hard working, unbelievably creative, and he is blessed with a mighty quiver of arrows which he is rearing for the glory of the Lord. A man of such nobility, who can find?

Happy Birthday, Honey! I love you more than simple words in a blog post or elsewhere can express. The children love and adore you! The dogs love and adore you ...even though you pretend you don't love and adore them! Even the cat loves and adores you! You possess riches most will never find... and you are worthy of it all!
We have quite the party planned so hurry home! The potato soup is already on the stove!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Potato Head!!

We hope this year you are blessed beyond measure.

Christy B for the B Family!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Bethanie said...

Great Post! By the way, around here we call that "muddin'". I spent many dates doing that myself, LOL.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never believe anything you see on the internet. That cat picture was OBVIOUSLY created in photoshop.

Mr. P

8:17 AM  
Blogger LinesFromTheVine said...

Happy Birthday Mr. P!! We are wishing a year full of rich and wonderful blessings for you and your family!

The Lambert Family

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!(cha-cha-cha)
Happy Birthday to you!(cha-cha-cha)
Happy Birthday, Mr. Potato Head!
Happy Birthday to you!(cha-cha-cha)
and many moooore!
We love you and may God bless you greatly this coming year.
The A's
P.S. Enjoy that potato soup! he-he!

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mr.P.
I remember that flexible guy. Seems like just yesterday that he and his brother redecorated the Christmas tree that year. I have always been amazed at your creativity. Your are a blessing to all.
Aunt C from FLA

5:24 PM  
Blogger Southern Belle said...

Happy Birthday Mr. P!

We have some more bread for ya, but you have to come get it, lol!

What a great family you have, too.

I am sitting there looking at the picts, and that last one I had to do a double take. I saw alot of Karate Kid and his male cousins in those picts, especially the younger one! WOW!!

Enjoy your day
The Nobles

6:39 PM  
Blogger Sherlock said...

Happy Birthday Mr. P! Don't worry, I don't believe the cat picture.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful family to be proud of.I get exhausted hearing about all you do and your many talents.Glad we are related, I can brag on you. Hope the years get even better for you.

Aunt Dot

7:23 PM  
Blogger Stonewall said...

Love the pictures.. Are you sure that's a lollipop? Now we all know the truth, you do love cats! Happy Birthday Mr.P, hope you had a good one. Your truly a man with a family blessed by God.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com