These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Works for me Wednesday!

It's another Works for me Wednesday and we have a theme this week... Valentine's Day ideas! Fun! We don't do a lot of flamboyant and romantic things on Valentine's Day as a general rule. In fact, Valentine's Day is more of a fun family day than a romantic 'Mom and Dad only' day. With that in mind, we have done several cute and silly things throughout our Valentine's Day years. I thought I'd share one of my particular favorites... homemade heart shaped pizza!
It's very easy and has a magnificent 'WOW factor'! All you do is make your pizza crust and shape it like a heart. How easy is that? You can shape it with your hands or roll it out and cut out a heart with a pizza cutter. I always shape it with my hands. Then for an added touch, you can cut little heart shaped pepperonis to go on top! It's always a hit with young and old alike... and very inexpensive! A win-win Valentine's Day treat! Give it a try this year!

For more Valentine's ideas, visit Rocks in my Dryer. Thanks, Shannon!

12 Comments:

Blogger Rocks In My Dryer said...

I love this idea! I'll definitely be trying it.

6:16 AM  
Blogger LinesFromTheVine said...

Cute idea! We'll have to try this at our home sometime too!

Tracy

6:24 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

We will definitely be incorporating this one in our house. Thanks for the ideas- love the pepperoni hearts :)

6:41 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I think I'll try this, but I might make everyone their own individual pizza. What a great idea!

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Becky said...

I absolutely love this idea. My hubby make several batches of pizza dough a few weeks ago and I'm going to get it out of the freezer and try this ASAP! I know my daughter will LOVE this! Thanks so much for sharing. Have a great day.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Sounds like a fun idea. I could do the heart-shaped pepperonis with my little mini cutters from Pampered Chef.

I like Heather's idea of making individual pizzas too.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Qtpies7 said...

Great idea! My kids love chicken alfredo pizza, the call it "Thuuuuu Pizza" I bet we could color the alfredo sauce pink!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a fun idea! I'll be trying it soon! And thanks for stopping by my blog. :)
~Sarah

9:57 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

I think I'll try this for Friday night pizza. Then we can start the mood already for Valentine's Day. What a fun tip! Thanks for sharing.

Nikki ALL OUT Valentine's Day

10:43 AM  
Blogger Larae said...

That looks great, awesome idea for Love Day! Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine's Day! =)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Love it! Hear shaped pepperoni! Finally a use for my teeny tiny cookie cutter!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Great idea! Good luck on the u/s on 2-26. Personally, I vote find out!! Thanks for visiting my blog.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com