These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Works for me Wednesday!

Today's tip involves learning to knit. I always wanted to learn to knit so about a year or two ago I took a class... which was expensive and really didn't teach me anything I couldn't have learned on my own with a little time and a few Google searches. Once I came to realize this, I honed my knitting skills through various means that involved wonderful online tutorials and some experienced and very patient friends. That was the much better way!

This is my favorite learn to knit site. I have used it several times and have referred back to it often when I needed a refresher on a stitch, an increase, decrease, picking up stitches or any other stitch that comes up in any given pattern. It's a wealth of information!

Here is an excellent site for a beginner sock knitter! Socks are the most difficult thing to knit, in my opinion. This site breaks each step down in very 'doable' increments. It's my favorite!!

Of course, for patterns from beginner to advanced, I have found lots of fun things to try on this site! It has absolutely everything!

So, don't be intimidated! Pick up those knitting needles and get started. You'll be glad you did!

For more Works for me Wednesday tips, be sure to visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer!

7 Comments:

Blogger Milehimama said...

I might try that - I can crochet but I always joke that two needles are just one too many me - I'm a little coordination challenged!
Thanks for the encouragement!

Mama Says

6:30 AM  
Blogger Myfriendconnie said...

I love the Knitting Help site, too. I managed button holes thanks to the videos.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you! I am going to give this another shot. I know I can do it, I just need to sit down and figure it all out. This site will be a lifesaver! Thanks a bunch!

7:04 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

I have always wanted to learn to knit! I can crochet fairly well, but... I'm going to give it a try - thanks for the good instruction site!

My WFMW is about food, but not in the traditional way. Come on over!

http://smcarney.blogspot.com/2007/02/common-denominator-of-potatoes-and.html

7:55 AM  
Blogger LinesFromTheVine said...

I love the knitting help site! ...
and thank you for posting the socks site...that is my goal before the end of the year. We'll see!

Tracy

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Barbara H. said...

I bookmarked the first and last site. Knitting is something I've wanted to learn to do some day. Thanks!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

My grandma taught me to knit, though I can only knit, and pearl simple designs. I taught my son to crochet, and now he wants to learn to knit. I'll have to check out the sites!

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com