These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Frugal Friday!!

It's Frugal Friday once again and I thought I would share one of my favorite money saving websites... ebay! I love ebay and I shop there regularly! It all started with my ever so slight obsession with vintage and out of print books. I am a self-confessed bibliophile!! I have a wonderful library that I add to on a regular (sometimes daily!) basis. Many of these books can only be purchased second hand as they are currently out of print. That's where it started.

From there I realized I can acquire most anything from ebay for a fraction of the retail price. I have purchased vintage aprons, sewing patterns, knitting supplies, a dehumidifier, maternity clothes, many name brand children's clothes, Christmas gifts including Flibby's collection of The Sound of Music Madame Alexander dolls from the 1960's, and most recently a Mickey Mouse waffle iron. You see, when we visited Disney World last year we enjoyed a treat that we thought would be exclusive to Disney World... the most divine waffles you have ever tasted! Of course, the fact they were shaped like Mickey Mouse helped! I have since been on a quest to perfect Disney's exclusive waffles at home. I think I finally got it! Now we just needed a Mickey Mouse waffle iron to reach the pinnacle of the waffle perfection. It hasn't arrived yet so I'll keep you posted on how the waffles turn out.

In the meantime, I encourage anyone who has not yet become familiar with ebay to check it out! You can save yourself quite a tidy sum!

For more Frugal Friday tips, be sure to visit Crystal at Biblical Womanhood!

2 Comments:

Blogger devildogwife said...

I love those Mickey waffles. They'd be a hit around here. I love eBay shopping too!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I've long been in love with ebay! I recently found a search engine site - www.searchkindly.org - which donates ALL of its income to charity. They just added links to many online stores, including Ebay and Amazon. If you shop through those links the affiliate money will also go to charity.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com