These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

People... I have been to organic paradise!

I have just returned from the most luxurious, inviting, sensory savoring grocery store that I have ever known. I never knew grocery shopping could be this pleasurable! I never knew there were such stores! I never knew that shopping could be such a pillar of ecstasy!

In the past I have rated our local grocery stores with a quirky little car theme. If you remember from past posts, I rank our local mega giant Wal-Mart as the fifty-five-year-old-Chevy-rusted-out-on-cinder-blocks-in-the-backyard of all grocery-stores. I rank my up until now favorite grocery store, Publix, as the Cadillac of all grocery stores. Well, Publix has been unseated! This new store I would have to rank as the Saleen S7 of all grocery stores! This store is even too wonderful to be in the ranking, actually. I'm speechless... well, almost!

I guess you're wondering where I experienced this grocery shopping paradise... I went to our newly opened Whole Foods grocery store! Those of you that have a Whole Foods in your area have probably become accustomed to such elegance, such exquisite produce, such wholesome and wonderful fare. But, those of us that have been relegated to strolling Wal-Mart's processed and chemically laden food aisles filled with Twinkies and green Cheetos just to find one container of organic diced tomatoes, you know my pain.

Today I strolled aisles and aisles of beautiful fresh organic produce! Reasonably priced organic produce, I might add!! All the meats are hormone and antibiotic free! All the packaged meats are nitrite free! All the eggs are from cage free, vegetarian hens! You can grind your own fresh peanut butter right there the way most grocery stores allow you to grind coffee. You can even grind almond butter! They had every organic and whole food item that I love to buy but travel between three different local health food stores to find. Notice I said all... not some but all!! It was paradise, pure paradise!

As I type, Mr. P is broiling some fresh Alabama farmed organic blackened catfish. (We don't normally eat meat but this is a special occasion!) Flibby is chopping and preparing the fresh salad and Miss Poppins is slicing and toasting in a lovely garlic and olive oil blend our organic whole wheat french bread. Oh, it's a thing of beauty! We have fresh blueberries for dessert. And, guess what? They're organic!

Does it get any better than this? Not very often!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nadine said...

Hi I came by for a visit from the party blog. I had a friend who would have loved a store like that. You're right WalMart organic stuff is expensive. Thanks for sharing. I found it interesting.

12:08 AM  
Blogger MC Milker said...

Now you are spoiled! we have one here at which I shop...a little pricy but you can't beat the selection! BTW - That is where I bought all of the items for the two recipes on my site recently.Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

5:22 AM  
Anonymous Shayla P said...

I can't wait to go myself. I went to one in Atlanta a few years ago. I was thrilled to find out we were getting one! It was by far and away the best grocery store I have ever been in. I'm planning to go today. I'm getting tired of this bug that I've had. I'm so glad you got to go!!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sherlock said...

I blogged about a similar experience once when I was in Texas.

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com