These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Noah's First Quilt!



*Disclaimer* All quilters close your eyes... or at least squint and don't look too closely!

Here is my first ever attempt at a quilt! I bought a variety of clearance fabrics to try making my first quilt. I chose the log cabin pattern to give myself a little challenge and because it consisted of all straight lines. What do you think so far? I still have to put on the borders and then on to the actual quilting. I'm happy with it at this point and I think I have found a new passion!!! It is so much fun!! Plus I get to exercise my very new and shaky sewing machine skills... the perfectly straight 1/4" seam still alludes me! I shall persevere and I will master that machine!! And, I will be an accomplished seamstress by the time my grandchildren arrive... OK, maybe my great grandchildren. ~wink~

3 Comments:

Blogger Marmee said...

It looks very well made - You did a great job!! And the fact that it was made with love for your wee one makes it all the more beautiful!

Cute fabric choices, too.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Southern Belle said...

What a good job you did! I didn't know you had it in ya, lol. I am not surprised though seeing the talent with Nana!

I am starting to look for fabric myself for my boys a quilt for when they leave home. Luckily I have met a new neighbor that has a quilting machine! Yipee!

See ya
Beth

12:51 PM  
Anonymous deb said...

I think it is wonderful! I love quilts! Actually, I'm not a sewer and can't sew a straight line, but I love quilts - and have made a couple. But I usually give a disclaimer, too!

(Found you in the list of hs'ing blogs on the awards site, but my daughter told me she'd read your blog in the past. And just this morning saw you on Carmen's list, so I thought I'd pop over.)

I enjoyed perusing. Thanks!

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com