These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Works for me Wednesday!

Today's tip is one that I will be using a lot in the coming few weeks as I wash and prepare all of my baby clothes for Noah's arrival! I affectionately call this little recipe "The Soak". Here is how it works. You take one cup of powdered Cascade dishwashing detergent (brands ARE important... don't ask me why but substitutes just don't work as well.) and one cup of powdered Clorox 2 bleach. Pour both cups into a five gallon bucket of the hottest water you can get from your tap. Take your stained clothing and put it in this soak overnight. In the morning, wash and dry as usual! I have been able to get out those impossible stains such as the lovely bright yellow stains that breastfed babies tend to produce, formula stains, mildew and mold, all sorts of inks, bright red juice stains and carrot, sweet potato and other bright orange hard to remove stains. It has worked for me time and time again!

For more great Works for me Wednesday tips, be sure to visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Susan said...

I'll have to try this on some of my own clothes. Thanks for the tip.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Trixie said...

You don't know HOW HAPPY I AM TO READ THIS!!! Right now I have lunch on the front of my white shirt! Grrrr I'm forever spilling.

Thank you for sharing!

Trixie

10:18 AM  
Blogger A Maiden Of Virtue said...

We will definitely try this one!

~*~Courtney~*~

10:37 AM  
Blogger Myfriendconnie said...

Ahhhh, yes, the bright yellow stains....

How does this compare to OxyClean? And can you just dump the whole bucket into the washer? We just got a high efficiency washer and aren't supposed to use high sudsing detergen.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Looks like I'll ahve to try it.

Thanks for the hints. God Bless.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com