These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Works for me Wednesday!

Now that spring and summer are upon us... Praise the Lord!!!... we have encountered an old friend on our family homestead, poison ivy! Karate Kid came down with a nasty case of poison ivy this past week. When poison ivy, which is quite prolific in our yard, causes our family discomfort, I have found one great cure! Burt's Bees Poison Ivy Soap!! Of course, most people know that if you use just regular soap and water when exposed but before the rash begins, you can alleviate most symptoms most of the time. The great thing about Poison Ivy Soap is that it cures poison ivy once it starts! It's far better than Calamine Lotion or any other remedy we've tried! Just ask Karate Kid! It works for us!

For more great Works for me Wednesday tips, be sure to visit Shannon at Rocks in my Dryer!

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Excellent! Thank you for the tip!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I've never had poison ivy, but if I ever do, now I know what to use. I love Burt's Bees stuff!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Lady Why! Joey is allergic to poison ivy and this is a great tip. I will have to remember this one.

Christy B

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Our Peculiar Life said...

Oh boy do I need this!! Check out my blog: http://kahri.blogspot.com/2007/04/ketchup-girl.html
I just got diagnosed with systemic poison ivy. I came to your site from WFMW and I am so happy you posted this!!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com