These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Bliss! Pure bliss!

Life is grand! The weather is fabulous... 85 degrees and sunny most days. Of course, we could use a little rain but I just love the sunshine so I'm not complaining. We are preparing for a baby who is a gracious gift of the Lord and truly a miracle in our lives! We have blessings upon blessings from the Lord... from new furniture to garage sales full of exactly the baby things we need and have asked the Lord to provide. I feel terrific! I do always tend to feel better pregnant than not and having this precious baby with all his kicks, hiccups and squirms inside of me has carried with it an extra measure of grace in my happiness and physical wellness.

Life is truly grand! But, there is one thing that is just the cherry on top of the sundae. THE POOL!!!! I dearly love the pool and make good use of it every summer. This summer I was a little bit sad that I would miss part of my summer sun and swim time since little Noah is due the first of August. That meant I wouldn't be able to swim in August. But, again, the Lord blessed me tremendously because our pool opened a full month early this year and our weather has been so nice and warm that we have been swimming several times in the last two weeks. Yesterday was no exception. Off to the pool we went and it was bliss! Pure bliss! The water was refreshing, the sun was glorious and the people were few and far between. Does it get any better than this? No way!

So, I'll be able to spend my full three months enjoying the pool, acquiring a healthy tan... which will look great in my hospital pictures!... and exercising in the pool in preparation for labor and delivery. And, I'll be enjoying every minute of it!!
One more thing I found that is particularly relevant to my current poolside enjoyment was this cute cartoon. It was so funny that I just had to share it. My two favorite things... the pool and books! You probably already know this about me, but when it comes to libraries and pools, I spend all my time in the deep end.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kerri said...

I'm jealous that they opened your pool early, I'm still waiting but hopeful that it will come this weekend.

I found your post and thought I’d reach out to say hello and ask if you’d like to receive a free Maya & Miguel DVD. If you’d like to receive the DVD just email me at Kerri at boldmouth.com with your address and I’ll have it shipped it out to you.

I don’t know if you’re familiar with Maya & Miguel, a show on PBS in the afternoons -- http://pbskidsgo.org/mayaandmiguel -- that emphasizes cultural diversity and language learning but I’m reaching out to talk to parents about the program as part of a marketing project I’m working on with Scholastic.

If you do choose to blog about Maya & Miguel show or episodes on the DVD, please make it clear how you received the information. Our goal is to be open and honest with everyone we reach.

Kerri Roberts, BoldMouth

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com