These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Friday, May 04, 2007

The Room of a Noble Son!

Edited to add: The pictures are now "clickable" so you can enlarge them to see detail! ~Flibby
We have almost completed our boys' room! The room has been painted a lovely khaki with Noah's wall painted two shades lighter. Also the inside of the dormer windows is painted in the lighter color. We picked out the fabric for the window seats and the curtains last night. There were some terrific bargains at Walmart's fabric department... unfortunately they are doing away with their fabrics so everything is on sale. I'm thankful for the sale but I'm so sad to see the fabric department go away! I buy so many things from that department!! We found these adorable nursery rhyme pictures at Kirkland's Home and I just had to have them for the room! I love the vintage illustration and the calligraphy of the rhyme. Their 'old world' look goes great in the new room which we are decorating in an 'old world' map theme. Beautiful!!! And, I wanted to show you Noah's finished quilt! What do you think? I'm still in the process of hand quilting and that wrinkles the quilt a good bit. So, once it's done, I'll give it a good press and it won't look quilt so rumpled. Our baby plans are coming right along!! Now I'm working on the design of my door bow! I'll let you know how it turns out!

2 Comments:

Anonymous LinesFromTheVine said...

The bedroom is looking so beautiful...I know that it makes the anticipation build! Congratulations on a job well done.

Tracy

1:43 PM  
Blogger A Maiden Of Virtue said...

This is looking great! I know you are all excited!

~@~Courtney~@~

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com