These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WFMW

Hello! Miss Poppins here. I am posting 'Works For Me Wednesday' for my mom today.

Every year LadyWhy, Flibby, Nana and I attend a Christmas craft fair in November. My mom always buys soaps, creams and bath fizzes at her favorite booth. But one of her very favorite things to buy there is bath salts. She loves them! The only problem is that she runs out of them very quickly and then she has to wait until next November to get some more. So this Mother's Day I did a little internet searching and found a great recipe for some quick and easy homemade bath salts for my mom.

Start with a large mixing bowl and a spoon or other utensil. Add 3 cups of Epsom salt, 2 cups of baking soda and 1 cup of table salt into the bowl (this makes a lot of bath salt so I reduced the recipe). When all ingredients are added, begin mixing them with your spoon. Next, slowly add food coloring of your choice to the mixture. Regular food coloring will work perfectly and should be added according to the color that you desire. After your coloring is added and mixed evenly, begin to add essential oils until the desired scent is achieved. (I used the scented oil from some bath pearls that I already had on hand and that worked perfectly.)

This a very simple craft that only takes a few minutes to make!

For more helpful tips, head on over to Rocks In My Dryer!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com