These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Friday, June 29, 2007

Happy 6th Birthday, little Cindy Lou Who!!

Today is a very happy day around our home! It's our baby girl's sixth birthday!!! Can you believe she is six years old? That happy chubby baby always had an award winning smile for each and every one she met... and she hasn't changed a bit! She's a cheerful, joyful and enthusiastic girlie girl with a zest for all things fun... not to mention a beautiful toothless grin that will melt your heart!Since we're just a few weeks away from having a new baby, it makes me really stop and reminisce over just how quickly time flies by. Just six very short years ago today, I was in the hospital snuggling this newborn baby girl. I blinked and today she is six. Time with our children is so short and I strive each day to enjoy every moment of it! There is no higher or more noble a calling than mothering children and I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in China!

That being said, today we celebrate our dear Cindy Lou. She is the delight of our family and a joy to her parents and siblings alike. I asked her this morning how it feels to be six and she cocked her mouth to the side and thought for a moment. Then she said (with a completely straight face), "It feels just like being five." We all roared with laughter! She is a funny girl... especially when she's being completely serious. She asked me, "Do you think everyone knows it's my birthday?" Oh, they know, Cindy Lou... they all know! That girl loves to share the fun of birthdays with everyone she knows and loves! Cindy Lou received cards, phone calls and presents from friends and relatives far and near! That is really her favorite part of birthdays! There is just something about getting mail that thrills a six year old like nothing else! Thank you to everyone who called, sent cards and visited!! You don't know how important and special that is to our little Cindy!

This afternoon we had a big birthday party complete with a cake - lovingly baked by Miss Poppins, tons of presents, and all the usual festivities!We then headed off to see the new Disney movie, Ratatouille. Cute movie... one or two parts I could have lived without but that is usually so with all movies. From there we met some more family members for a wonderful dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant. It was the perfect end to a perfect birthday!

Our baby girl is brilliantly talented on the piano, she is a reading machine conquering Olivia just last night all by herself, she is our only 'leftie', and she has this funny habit of calling her grandmother, "Grandpa Pat". Grandma, Grandpa... it's all the same to Cindy Lou. She's doesn't fret the small stuff!

Here are a few of our favorite pictures from these last six years. I say a few, because I have hundreds of favorites! If it weren't for Flibby, you would be scrolling through pictures all day! Flibby picked these for me to post...
Little Cindy Lou's first picture!
Here's Flibby holding her on the day she was born
Cindy Lou was such a cute baby!
She obviously doesn't like the slide
Her first birthday!Learning to walk
Chubby little baby legs!
Age 2: She looks so cute in pigtails!
Cindy Lou's 3rd Birthday
Last year...Cindy Lou's 5th birthday!
When I was one,
I just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I’m six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now,
forever and ever!
~A. A. Milne
Cindy Lou, you certainly are a clever, clever girl! We love you! Happy Birthday, sweet baby!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you enjoyed it.
Your cake looked so yummy! That is one of our favorite poems. Every one of the Powell girls has learned it when they turned six. Emma loved being six so much that she really did want to stay six forever. She cried and cried the night before her seventh birthday. She has now determined that seven is pretty good too. Have a blessed year! You will have so much fun being a BIG sister!!!

Love,
The Powell Girls

6:32 PM  
Anonymous LinesFromTheVine said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful day...I hope that your next year is full of exciting and happy memories!

Blessings!
The Lambert Family

7:17 PM  
Anonymous n said...

cute young girl

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com