These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Long awaited school room update...

I know many of you are probably thinking that our school room just fell right off the face of the earth and was never completed! Please accept my apologies for the lack of updates on the school room! It has actually been finished and in use for nearly a whole school year. I've just been lazy in updating you with finished pictures... but, remember that spring cleaning bug that hit me? Well, yesterday it was time for a school room spring cleaning and since it is so nice and shiny and organized and clean, I thought this would be a good time for a picture or two.

Before...
After...If you notice, on the sofa are all of my book characters. It seems my book collection is growing and growing, therefore, not leaving me much space on the book shelves for things like book characters! Hmmm, it's a dilemma indeed!

I might want to add that since spring has arrived, our wonderful school room has been quite neglected and all our educational pursuits have actually taken place on or around my Mother's Day swing on the deck. But, don't worry... we'll make our way back down there when the weather turns to either scorching hot or a bone chilling cold... which ever comes first. I'm thinking it will be the cold. It never gets too hot to enjoy the summer breeze on the swing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Southern Belle said...

hmm VERY cool indeed Lady Why! Question for you though. What is that HUGE machine behind the computer?? Looks like a postal scale? Also that yellow shelf under the tv........What is it and what is in it? Headed to IKEA this afternoon :o) I like how you used the pole and made it a palm tree. VERY creative! Hmm about your characters......Maybe put strips of velcro on the backs of them and small coordinating velcro on your "palm tree" and put them on the tree? That is a suggestion.....

See ya!

Southern Belle

9:38 AM  
Blogger Lady Why said...

Ahhh, very observant, Southern Belle! That is a postal scale actually. Mr. P was weighing some ebay packages yesterday and set it up there on that puzzle table. I didn't even notice it was still there until you mentioned it! It doesn't belong there but in the garage. However, the school room is MUCH cooler than the garage so Mr. P moved his ebay work indoors!

The yellow shelf under the tv is a little shelf of cubby holes that fit just perfectly baby wipe boxes. In my boxes are markers, scissors, glue, colored pencils, etc. etc. Just any and everything that my little ones need for their school day. I love that shelf!! I got it and all the boxes at a yard sale for a teacher who was retiring. I also got the table you see on the left with the long bench from her. Great for little school girls... and soon a little school boy!

Great idea about the velcro! I want them to be seen, not just stashed in the stuffed animal basket. There is nothing more fun than reading Elmer the Elephant with your very own Elmer in your lap!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Marmee said...

Ah, bookshelves, full of books, every homeschool family's DREAM! I can honestly say that I have seen some big home libraries before, but this one takes the cake. The schoolroom looks great. Love the sofa and the carpet. Too cool!

And we have a post like that in our basement....maybe I'll make it into a palm tree someday.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com