These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Wonderful old books... wonderful old quote!

I am currently reading a wonderful old out-of-print book called The Family Circle. It is a wonderful compilation of poetry, essays and quotes published in 1843. I am thoroughly enjoying it!!

I found this quote in the book that I simply must share...

"If there be reserved for human life a joy more exalted than all the others, it is that of beholding its last moments cheered by the fondness and affection of a virtuous progeny; and if there be a pang more agonizing than any other, it is that of a dying parent, whose last thought rests upon the crimes of a depraved by fondly loved child."

This quote is printed at the bottom of a poem by H. W. Longfellow though I don't know for sure that the quote came from him.

What a blessing it will be that at the end of my days I can be cheered by the fondness and affection of my virtuous progeny! It is my daily prayer that the Lord will renew the hearts of my children moment by moment and make them into His image... that He would grow them in honor, integrity and virtue. What a cheer that gives to my heart now and will also in my later years!! On the other hand, how many of us know poor parents that are suffering the anguish of watching their children turn away from the Lord and go their own way of depravity? I know many.

Thank you, Lord, for Your redemptive power in the souls of my children, my husband and me! It is a priceless gift of which I am not worthy... but, what a tremendous blessing and joy it is to my heart and how very grateful I am for it!

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. III John 1:4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com