These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Newborn Boy


I hold within my arms today,
A priceless bit of mortal clay
Divinely fashioned, and so fair
The angels well may kinship share.

My soul with gratitude is filled,
My heart with mother love is thrilled.
My eyes brim o'er with newborn joy,
While gazing on my cherub boy.

O precious one! Through tears I see,
A mighty task awaiting me.
My happy sky grows overcast,
Life's duties loom, so grand, so vast.

To shield from wrong, to right incline,
This little life now linked to mine-
Divine the gift. Oh may the mould,
A heart of truth and honor hold!

Help me, kind Heaven, to know the way
From out the tangle of each day,
To guide him safe to manhood's prime,
And all the glory shall be Thine.

-M.I. Piatt

2 Comments:

Anonymous Robin said...

What a gorgeous, precious baby.

5:32 AM  
Blogger Southern Belle said...

What a cutie he is! So glad Hannah is doing well too!

The Noble's

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com