These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm still here...

Thank you, everyone, for all your love and support over these last few days... which strangely enough seem like weeks and weeks to me. As Charles Dickens wrote, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." That was Charles Dickens, right? My brain is a little foggy these days.

We have had our beautiful and perfect-in-every-way, Noah! What a blessing he is to our family and we are full of joy! The same day that Noah was born, Hannah Banana woke up and couldn't walk. Mr. P and Hannah spent the first day of Noah's life in the emergency room getting cat scans, spinal taps and a bunch of other horrifying and scary things that I can't remember at the moment. The diagnosis was Guillain-Barre Syndrome. I had never heard of that before. Being trapped in the hospital myself, I was unable to get a lot of information for the first few days, but my doctors... those fabulous doctors I've been raving about for the past nine months... arranged to let me break out of the hospital a day early so that I could get to Children's Hospital and my girl. Hannah Banana has been deteriorating over the last few days as she's been receiving treatment for Guillain-Barre Syndrome. One of the treatments gives you severe headaches and Hannah had a very bad headache yesterday. Mr. P was rubbing her head and he found an engorged tick in her hair! Yuck! The neurologists came in, looked at it, then told Mr. P, "Congratulations, Dad! You may have found our problem!" They told him that a sickness called Tick Paralysis mimics Guillain-Barre Syndrome very closely and that the cure for Tick Paralysis is to remove the tick. That's it! I didn't even want to get my hopes up because we were gearing up for a 7 to 10 day hospital stay and weeks of physical and occupational therapy in hopes of Hannah fully recovering. After getting my heart and mind around that, to have the problem be so easily solved is truly miraculous! Hannah is coming home this afternoon!! I haven't seen her today but Mr. P tells me that she is her old self again after just one night!

I have so many things to write and share about the grace and mercy of the Lord to us during the birth of our baby and Hannah's medical crisis, but I don't have it in me to get it all out in coherent sentences right now. I'm so thankful to the Lord for His provision for us during this time, and for the miracle He gave us in healing our sweet Hannah! I'll tell you all about it before too long... I promise!

In the meantime, I've got an incredible blessing of a baby boy to feed and a spunky wonderful 7 year old girl who will be home in a few hours! Praise be to God!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you all -- all 8!!! of you -- in Auburn. Congratulations on the birth of Noah! Praise the Lord!
And, thanks be to God for Hannah Banana's simplified healing and recovery.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous LinesFromTheVine said...

Praise the Lord! What a wonderful
miracle! I'm so glad that Hannah will be feeling better soon. We have been praying for all of you...I'm sure that now it will be nice to be back to normal life! : )

Tracy

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Robin said...

Wow! What a story. Will she be on antibiotics to prevent Lyme disease? Or will you have to keep an eye on her for syptoms before they would start antibiotics?

How's she doing today?

5:36 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

wow, I just read this. Praise the Lord on your healthy son and your healthy girl. I have never heard of this. I read this and rubbed my girl's heads. We just picked off a tick crawling on her face a few days ago. I KNOW you are so overwhelmed and thankful to GOD!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Lady Why said...

Hi Robin,

No, she's not on any antibiotics. Apparently the tick that causes 'tick paralysis' and the tick that causes Lyme Disease are two different fellows. So, Lyme Disease isn't "supposed" to be an issue. After what we've been through, though, I'll never say never!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com