These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Friday, August 03, 2007

I wrote this during one of my many particularly happy moments...

In case you haven't noticed, I have found a new song that I love. It's from the Broadway musical, "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!" and it's called "Happiness".

Here are the lyrics:

HAPPINESS IS FINDING A PENCIL.
PIZZA WITH SAUSAGE
TELLING THE TIME.
HAPPINESS IS LEARNING TO WHISTLE.
TYING YOUR SHOE FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME.

HAPPINESS IS PLAYING THE DRUM IN YOUR OWN SCHOOL BAND.
AND HAPPINESS IS WALKING HAND IN HAND.
HAPPINESS IS TWO KINDS OF ICE CREAM.
KNOWING A SECRET.
CLIMBING A TREE.
HAPPINESS IS FIVE DIFFERENT CRAYONS.
CATCHING A FIREFLY.
SETTING HIM FREE.

HAPPINESS IS BEING ALONE EVERY NOW AND THEN.
AND HAPPINESS IS COMING HOME AGAIN.
HAPPINESS IS MORNING AND EVENING,
DAY TIME AND NIGHT TIME TOO.
FOR HAPPINESS IS ANYONE AND ANYTHING AT ALL
THAT'S LOVED BY YOU.

HAPPINESS IS HAVING A SISTER.
SHARING A SANDWICH.
GETTING ALONG.
HAPPINESS IS SINGING TOGETHER WHEN DAY IS THROUGH,
AND HAPPINESS IS THOSE WHO SING WITH YOU.
HAPPINESS IS MORNING AND EVENING,
DAYTIME AND NIGHTTIME TOO.
FOR HAPPINESS IS ANYONE AND ANYTHING AT ALL
THAT'S LOVED BY YOU.

This song inspired me to write this:

WHAT'S LOVED BY ME AND IS THEREFORE DEEMED "HAPPINESS":

Getting to be a big sister to five gorgeous, daring, brilliant, impressionable, children who look to me for a godly example.

Getting to bless my family greatly by performing simple tasks like cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.

Getting to help teach my little sisters the joy of the piano.

Getting to snuggle with and sing to my little baby brother who will, Lord willing, grow up to be a godly leader and family patriarch with a passionate vision that will bring glory to God.

Getting to make things for my family and learn new skills that help me to serve my family better and glorify the Lord.

Getting to study together with my siblings and aid my mother in teaching them.

Getting to play with my siblings and make them feel special.

Getting to sit around the table at dinner and have a conversation with my whole family at the same time.

Getting to observe and learn more about the individual members of my family each day.

Getting to bring joy to my father everyday by helping him, serving him, and remembering to turn off the lights when I leave the room.

Getting to try out new recipes and have plenty of feedback!

Getting to enjoy the smiles on my siblings (and parents!) faces and watch them use their brilliant minds to invent new games and ways to play.

Getting to have a baby asleep on my chest in the middle of the night and enjoy the precious time with him, and at the same time allow my parents to have precious time to sleep!

Getting to show my siblings how to do things like tying their shoe, caring for puppies, peeling a tomato, cracking an egg, changing a diaper, and singing harmony.

Getting to sing with my family, and they don't mind my constant caterwauling!

Getting to go to a wonderfully, fantabulous church every Sunday.

Getting to learn from and experience life from a wonderful, spontaneous, visionary, set of parents that are superb examples for me and my siblings.

Getting to laugh and have fun with my family, and go places altogether!

Learning to empathize with those around me.

Getting to experience the wonder of God's creation.

Getting to fully appreciate the magical qualities of classical music, opera, musical theatre and old movies!

Getting to plan for and look forward to the things God has in store for my future and be utterly content with my current season of life.

THE END

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady Why said...

Flibby,

Have I told you lately what a dynamic and wonderful young lady you are and how blessed I am to be your mother? If not, consider yourself told!

I love you more than life itself and I am humbled and awed by your profound maturity - especially your spiritual maturity! Your worth is already far above rubies and I am proud to be your mother!

Love,
Mom

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mr. Potato Head said...

I saw a young "lady" in the store today. She was dressed in a way and acting in a way that would have embarrassed me if I had been her father. It made me think of my own sweet 17 year old. I thought of how poised she is, how conservative she dresses and acts. I was proud of her in that moment, as I often am. The trouble is, I didn't come home and tell her about it.

Flibby, reading this post reminded me how proud I am of you. Even when I forget to tell you, I am often thinking of it.

I Love You,
Dad
(Mr. P)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com