These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The world is in need of my children

Since I am not very prolific on the blog myself these days, I thought I'd share two particularly wonderful blog posts by two particularly wonderful blog writers!

The first appeared on Doug Phillip's blog at Vision Forum. He was telling the story of his own mother who had her youngest child in her late forties. In fact, she attended her 25th college reunion while 9 months pregnant! I hope I can do the same thing... except I'll probably skip the reunion. Anyway, while 'large with child', she ran into a critic. Those of us with more than 2.5 children know about that, don't we?! Here is an excerpt from the article...

"Well—many mothers who have allowed their wombs to be fruitful for the glory of God, and who have been blessed with the gift of children, know what it is like to be pummeled with comments and questions. One day my dear mother, then large with child, was confronted by one such critic. I will share the two most important lines of the conversation.

Critic to Mrs. Howard Phillips: “You’re having another baby. Don’t you know that the world has too many children already?”

Mrs. Howard Phillips: “The world is in need of my children.”

That sums it up. Thank God for mothers who see the potential for changing the world which lies in the lives of the children God gives them.

Christian mothers and fathers, listen to Peggy Phillips—the world needs your children!"

To read the article in its entirety... and I highly recommend that you do... go here.

I LOVE that response!!! I believe I'll add that one to my list of answers for the 'Don't you know what causes that?' questions. What a brilliant answer... and what makes it so brilliant is that it is true! The world does need my children! It is in desperate need of my children and others like them. The Lord is raising up a faithful generation and I am humbled and in awe that He has chosen me to be a part of nurturing that generation for Him!

Also, Amy, another brilliant blogger, wrote a wonderful blog post entitled 'Made for another world'. It is about the church and how the modern church has morphed into the world. We are not set apart but blend right in with the secular and perverse culture. Here is one particularly compelling part of her article...

"In his preaching this past Sunday, my husband asked, “If someone were to come into your home, would they be able to tell you loved Christ by the books on your shelves, the show on your TV, the way you spend your time?” Does the way that I spend my money reflect that I am living for another world? As recipients of His grace, we are made for His glory and our obedience flows out of love for Him: “In the future, when your son asks you, ‘What is the meaning of the stipulations, decrees and laws the LORD our God has commanded you?’ tell him: ‘We were slaves of Pharaoh in Egypt, but the LORD brought us out of Egypt with a mighty hand.’” (Deut. 6:20-21) Put another way, we were blind, but now we see.

This week a friend told me the story of some karaoke fun at a church function in which the teenage girls took the occasion to sing all their favorite Britney Spears songs. Some parishioners protested, as such things weren’t fitting for a church function. The question, though, is not why this was allowed at a church function, but why do our girls know and rehearse all those lyrics in the first place? Is this OK so long as it’s at home in our bedrooms?

We are a “chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a peculiar people.” (I Peter 2:9) When did good orthodoxy (correct doctrine) become enough, replacing orthopraxy (right living) in its stead? If ideas have consequences, then it is fair to say that I really believe if there is no evidence? And this is the heresy of our modern churches– that Jesus can be your Savior but not your Lord."

To read the rest of Amy's insightful article, go here.

Don't even get me started on Christian parents that allow their children to dress, act and listen to the music of the world. You tell them, Amy!! Is it OK to play Britney in your home, just not at church? NO! How many churches do you know that preach and teach Jesus as Savior? Many... the question is how many of them teach and preach Jesus as Lord? But, I'll save that soapbox for another day. There is a far better thing that I have to do right now and it has to do with a blessed little boy named Noah who has stolen my heart... and most of my time for now.

Until I return to my own commentary on the world at large, I'll leave you with these capable and worthy writers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com