These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yes, I know what causes that

I was talking to some of my co-workers this week about the number of children I have. I got the standard question..."Don't you know what causes that?"

Until recently, when asked that question, I would just laugh at their ignorance. But now I have a different answer.

I know several couples that desire children. Some have struggled with infertility and all the treatments and interventions that go along with that diagnosis. Still others have lost babies to miscarriage and birth defects. These families long for the blessing of children.

In the middle of all this, my wife and I, who already have 5 perfect, healthy, beautiful children, asked the Lord that if it was His will, we would love to have more children. Four weeks ago, our healthy new baby boy was born.

So when people ask me "Don't you know what causes that", I now say "Yes, the Lord has made it painfully clear to me recently what causes that. Nothing more than the underserved loving grace and sovereignty of God causes that."

That answer, along with the above explanation, usually results in one person who never asks that question again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Southern Belle said...

That is a good answer. We have friends here in GA that just had #11. When her husband gets that question, his response is, "Yes, I do know what causes that. That is why I have so many." lol

He doesn't get a whole lot of response either.

Southern Belle

(I have been listening to Voddie on mp3 lately. I found a blog with alot of his stuff on it. I am listening to his series on love/marriage. It is great!)

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com