These are the ramblings of an eclectic and whimsical homeschooling family of eight... a little peek, if you will, inside the daily dawdlings and habits of my active and delightful family seeking to please the Lord in all we do! Hopefully our thoughts, observations, and activities will challenge you, inspire you, tickle you, cheer you, and let you know you are not the only one!

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Works for me Wednesday!

It's the Brand Loyal Edition of Works for me Wednesday and I just couldn't resist. I've been rather preoccupied with a certain irresistible young man recently and so I haven't been very diligent in my Works for me Wednesday posts... or any posts for that matter! But, I was drawn back in with the enticement of the Brand Loyal Edition Wednesday!

I have several brand name items that I buy and that I would consider the crème de la crème of the product world! Would you like me to share? I'll be happy to...

First of all, my favorite line of children's clothing is Gymboree. There are several reasons why. The quality of the clothing cannot be matched! My six year old daughter is wearing some of the dresses I originally bought second hand for my now 17 year old daughter! So, originally second hand and going through the beating of four daughters, the dresses are still like new! The colors don't fade, the fabrics don't stretch and the snaps and buttons stay tighter and intact more than any other I have seen! Plus, you can resell them and nearly recover your entire cost... especially if you buy them second hand! Win, win situation all around!

Another love affair I have is with the best sweet tea in all the world... Milo's Tea! If you don't have Milo's Tea in your area of the country, I am truly sorry. It's probably best that you don't know what you are missing. Milo's Tea cannot be duplicated. I don't know how they do it, but there are certain times of my life... especially at certain stages of pregnancy ;-) ... that I would be willing to sell the tires off my car for a tall icy glass of Milo's Tea. What more can I say?

Next on my list is my dishwashing detergent. I will only use Cascade. Now it doesn't have to be the special 'Bleach Enhancing' or 'Super Duper Advanced Formula'... just simple Cascade. But, nothing gets dishes cleaner than Cascade. Ask me how I know!

Ahhh, what can I say about Dreft? I adore Dreft detergent and it is a 'must have' for every new baby in our family! Is it outrageously expensive? Yes! Would another dye-free, fragrance-free detergent be just as safe and effective on our tiny baby clothes? Probably. Is there anything in the world that smells as good as Dreft detergent on my baby clothes? No way! I admit, it's the smell that gets me. There is nothing that welcomes a new baby into our home better than all his things wafting in the intoxicating smell of Dreft detergent!

Continuing on with baby products, Johnson's Baby Cream is another required purchase for our babies. I have used this cream since my oldest daughter, now 17 years old, was born. It is the best remedy I have ever found for diaper rash. I use it on my babies after every bath and I rarely, if ever, have to deal with diaper rash or any of the usual newborn scaly skin issues. Plus it smells divine! I love those baby smells! They used to market it in cute little lidded jars like cold cream but now it comes in a tall pink squeezable tube. It is the best of the best!

Well, that's all that I can think of right now. I am generally not brand loyal and I tend to always buy generic or what's on sale with these few exceptions. But, when I find something that works, I stick with it!

I won't mention my love of Blue Bell Fudge Bars right now because I want my gentle readers to continue on with the illusion that I always eat sooo healthy. Yes, you just keep thinking that! Suffice it to say that no one knows fudge bars like Blue Bell. Accept no substitute! (...and that's all I have to say on that matter.)

For other great tips on brand name products, visit Shannon at Rocks In My Dryer!

5 Comments:

Blogger Callista said...

Wow those clothes last long! My WFMW is up!

8:30 AM  
Blogger InsertWittyBlogHere said...

LOL, I actually don't care much for Milo's tea. DH, either. Can't really put my finger on why, but I just don't care for it. I'll drink it, but it's not my favorite.

Fudge? Did you say fudge? Hmmmmm..... :-D

8:59 AM  
Blogger Lady Why said...

I've heard some people say that Milo's Tea is too sweet for them.

Those of you that know me well know that I have never met anything - tea or otherwise - that was too sweet for me! Ha! Ha!

Oops, I'm cracking my perfect healthy eating mirage again!

9:39 AM  
Blogger SAHMmy Says said...

I've never seen the Johnson's Baby Cream--thanks for the tip; I'll have to look for it! I always forget all the rave reviews Gymbo clothes get and cheap out and buy Target clearance. Must remember to hit the mall for Fall clothes!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Sherlock said...

Milo's Tea? I'd sell the tires and engine!

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Email us at: whiskersonkittensblog@yahoo.com



Glarity Online Christian Media Store
baby
AO/HEO Bloggers
Join ~ List ~ Previous ~ Next ~ Random ~ Previous 5 ~ Next 5 ~ Skip Previous ~ Skip Next
Beautiful Womanhood The Beautiful Womanhood SiteRing

This site owned by
Lady Why
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com